Thursday, August 21, 2008

say hello to my little friend-

Soprole Yoghurt Natural. I haven't been able to simply have yogurt in over two months. I love yogurt, and as such, I'm very picky. The majority of yogurt I have encountered in South America (sans Hotel Quito) have been sadly disappointing, liquidy, too sugary, or flavorless. I had pretty much given up all hope and then... serendipity. As I was looking for the cottage cheese in the dairy section of the supermarket, I came face to face with this little guy. Hmm, I was hesitant, what would make me think that this one would be any better than the rest? Nothing at all really. But suddenly, in my yogurt-craving desperation, I decided to try it. What's the worst that could happen anyway? Well, I never got the chance to figure that out, because upon first taste, I was clouded by thoughts of: Wow. It's thick, it's creamy, it's plain with that delicate, tart taste too, oh my gosh, can it be, yes, yes it is, it's really yogurt." "Next to excellence is the appreciation of it." Very well put William Makepeace Thackeray, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you Soprole, and chance, and that one remaining cottage cheese that was oh so hard to find ;) I'll be back with Cottage Cheese Oats in the AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts...